11.03.2011

ZOOoooooooooom!

Hi guys :)  I should be doing homework right now, but I'm following the Swenson family tradition of listening to Christmas music WAY too early, and it got me all sappy and thinking about you all...how I miss you and your cute families, how cool I think you all are, and how you're all dying to hear all about my crazy adventures!

So I did a little research to see what the last thing I put on here was (you know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth?) and I owe you guys BIG. seriously bad juju mc-gumbo.

A lot has happened. Holy smokes, a LOT has happened. Here's the Reader's Digest version of the last little while:
  • LAST semester of college!!!
  • Picked up the harmonica
  • Relief Society President
  •  Playing in the hoity-toity orchestra and kicking trash
  • Ran in the Temple to Temple Relay
  • worked up to 6 miles w/o stopping with my awesome buddy Tia
  • sorta dated a guy for a bit
  • Teaching in 3 different schools every week - SO fun
  • Turned 23 ...zoiks!
  •   Supreme Mario Kart champion (aren't you proud of me, bros?)
  • Taking an auto shop class
  • co-captained a soccer team
  • discovered the magical properties of cooking with pumpkin
  • discovered the joys of mini-van camping 
  • painted just for fun!!
  • gave my first pop quiz 
  • had a poem randomly published in a national magazine
  • became a couponer
  • climbed R mountain 
  • got a funny scar (?) from a soccer ball (the marks from the creases are still on my leg, 5 weeks later)
  • Had lunch with Elder and Sister Pinegar
Aaand I can't think of anything else cool. But there's a little piece of what's happening with me. Ever since I got to go get Nick and go on that huge adventure with him and Mom and Pops I feel like life has never stopped moving, and a little like I fell down a rabbit hole. It's exciting to be alive and to be able to meet so many different kinds of people and start teaching. I'm truly grateful for all that I have, all that I get to experience, and more importantly, all the people I get to know. Life is changing fast, and sometimes I wonder how an ordinary girl like me is going to meet all these extraordinary experiences but it's a fun ride.

More later this week!


 

2 comments:

Becky Dayton said...

Holy Smokes! You're alive in the blogging world. Yay! What the poem published? I want to hear more about that. I'm glad I got to be there for so many of these - especially the joys of minivan camping!

Meagan said...

You have been busy and having fun! So glad things are going well for you. Can't wait to see you again soon!

Are you still dating the same guy, or was that a thing of the past?