2.26.2012

Little voice

Hello all! Yes, I'm still alive. Yes, I still love you very, very, very, very, very much. Yes, I still have a deep love of Elvis (sorry Nick).
Student teaching is all they said it would be. They being the many varied and opinionated perspectives I've heard, read, and sometimes got ambushed with. It's frightening, exciting, illuminating, confusing, frustrating, rewarding, and generally pretty hard, fun work. It takes about 40 years off your life by the time you hit the couch with some soup, slippers, and Psych at 7 PM. I yell so much in the day that I come home sounding like a sexy rocker on a good day and a chain smoker most days. There's a LOT of preparation involved - more than I was prepared to face, ironically. In fact, I should be working on my lesson plans for this week right now, but I needed a break, so I thought I'd come write to you lovely people;)
 Don't be too concerned about me - I know I've been frazzled and kind of distant lately, but I'm ok. Plus, Ryan Gosling has my back. I may not be the most incredible student teacher in the world, and I have A LOT to learn, but I find that people can tell that I really, really care about people. That's probably my best and worst quality, but I find I'm in good company with these teacherly types. I'm also stupidly stubborn about lots of things, so I'm not giving up anytime soon.
Life speeds by, and I find more and more that my presence in the classroom is more of a good thing than a bad thing, and that's the best thing I can expect of myself right now. I'm truly blessed with great teachers and mentors and a comfortable place to live. Everything is just chock full of tender mercies - despite the rough stuff, there's so much to be glad for. Life's great, isn't it?
My new ward is really great, and we just got a crazy new French roommate yesterday, so life outside of work is comfortable and fun. This week I'm thinking of joining an institute class and going dancing with my girlfriends.  Onwards and upwards!

4 comments:

Becky Dayton said...

dANIELLE! You're alive! Yay! It's so fun to hear about your adventures! Psych is tomorrow and I'm really bummed I won't be watching it with you and Tia. That's okay though. Thanks for blogging.

Curt and Valerie said...

Danielle,

We like your comment "people can tell that I really, really care about people." This is a fantastic quality that you have always had.

We are glad that you are in a high learning curve right now, we are as well. So a word of advice, hope that you take a little time for yourself now and again. We all need a recharge.

Hugs and Kisses, Mom and Dad

chill said...

Also planning on hanging with me when your crazy social life and Ryan Gosling will give you a minute to spare, right? No pressure. :) But a French roommate? Is this with your Aunt or is there a new place about which I know not? Miss you bunches. I'm going to go see if there are any other venues where I can stalk you and write notes to you.

Trish said...

Hey there! We're glad things are going good for you. We look forward to talking to you soon when we have our special news to announce!