11.08.2010

WHAT?? Danielle is POSTING??

yes.



As it happens, I am. Mostly because I have stuff to brag about ;)
Item one: Halloween. Halloween has got to be one of my favorite holidays - I mean, come on: free candy, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pranks, spooks, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, ghouls, costumes, haunted houses, bonfires, corn mazes, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies,  outlandish stories, and all the crazy hilarious horror movies you can think of. Oh! and did I mention pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
I really love dressing up - and this year I've dressed up like one of my childhood heroes. Yeah... I may or may not have been the least girly thing possible - a Ghostbuster. Even though I got some doubtful glances when we were out dancing, my 80's chique paid off.

 A bunch of us went to support our friend Jules at a comedy improv show, and I ended up winning the costume contest along with Sara (Princess Leia). This might of been because I was the coolest person there... or maybe the flexing and shameless posing won them over :) .I guess being nerdy has its advantages! That, and it was easily the cheapest costume ever - just get a horrible polyester shirt from DI, slip a cd cover over a belt, stick a do-it-yourself plumbing line in your duct-taped back pack, and WHAMMO, YOU'RE AWESOME.



Let's see... What else? OH yeah - I'm taking brass methods right now, which means I'm learning how to play tuba, trombone, french horn, and trumpet (rather badly). I'm on French horn right now, and lemme tell ya, it's kicking my trash. Maybe one of these days I'll post a video of my horrible, horrible, OH-PLEASE-JIMMINY-CRICKETS-WHYYYYYYY playing, and you can hear for yourselves!
 Buuuut in the mean time, I'm signing off - There's some snow outside with serious frolicking needs.

3 comments:

Becky Dayton said...

You are so cool. Also, why did we not have pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?

Curt and Valerie said...

Danielle, No wonder you won the costume contest - you are cooler than Egon.

Trish said...

Wow, looks and sounds like you had a fabulous Halloween! Hopefully we can chat soon and hear you play the french horn! heh heh!