9.02.2010

Hmm.

So my hair is in its awkward adolescent stage right now and it's super annoying and whiny. I want to sit it down and tell it that this too shall pass, but sometimes it's hard to repress the urge to just cut it loose. I'll try not to get annoyed when it cranks up the Dashboard Confessional.

A little kid came up to me and told me that I look like Ariel from the Lil' Mermaid. I can only assume it's because I was doing this:
constantly. And perhaps the fact that my hair is reddish and I happen to have a huge round head, enormous eyes, tiny mouth, and have the habit of expressing myself in over-exaggerated facial expressions. Other than that, I see no reason why people keep comparing me to cartoon characters.

ANYways, I'm having a hard time deciding if I just want to stick it out because I know that I change my hairstyle a lot. My friends call me Rainbow Bright for a reason. Man, I'm fickle. But it's fun :) Your hair really is the easiest and cheapest way to change your appearance. I don't know what that says about my self-image, and I don't really care right now. I think I'll keep doing this until I'm too old to pull it off. And then when I'm an awesome octogenarian Harley queen I'll dye my grandma fro ridiculous colors.

Who knows - I may be a pixie-cut brunette next week. Mwahahahahaaaaa!

2 comments:

Curt and Valerie said...

Hey - why do you think they invented the BYUI bump-hair-clippy-thing, it is for growing out those bangs! HEEEE

Trish said...

Ha, ha...I will say that having a pixie cut is very fun...and it grows out quickly, so you GET to cut it rather soon and it takes a long time to grow out unless you don't mind looking frumpy for a long time! I think I might succeed in getting shoulder length hair again by next summer! Guess you'll see!