7.14.2010

Balancing Act


Sorry it's been so long, everyone! My life has been a little like this:

It's been crazy, wonderful, hectic, noisy, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's all about equilibrium, right?

I could describe some of what I've been doing, or maybe I'll just show you :)

First up is my quintet's performance of "Roaring Forks" by Eric Ewazen that we did last night (it's 12 min. long):


And on Monday I did Tango #3 for solo flute by A Piazzolla. and, no, I'm not flute-syncing :) I hardly move when I'm really nervous, haha.:






Overall I'm really happy with how I did (the people in my quintet were always awesome) and now I'm on the downhill slope to finals. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Curt and Valerie said...

Danielle, It was so awesome to see/hear your performances. You were fantastic! Thanks so much for posting the videos for us. It was almost like we were there with you. Good luck on all of your finals. I love you a million gazillion

Trish said...

Wow! You go girl! Great Work!

Meagan said...

WOW! Awesome job Danielle. I'm so glad you posted these for us to listen to. We would still love to come and hear you play live so let us know when your big performance is this upcoming year.

PS: Your playing calms Bennett. He was a little fussy until I pushed play and he calmed right down and listened to the entire performance (both of them). Then he was fussy again after they stopped. Apparently you have the magic "touch". Love yous from us both!

Meagan said...

Wow, Danielle, that was a rad-awesome-amazing-reallyreallycool-excellent-talented-exceptional superlatives ad infinitum performance!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Please add more of these to your blog. We love to hear your performances.

Also, by the way, Meagan told me that listening to your flute music kept a rather fussy Bennett calm for almost 20 minutes. He just calmed down and paid attention and enjoyed it. That's what I call a baby with good taste:)

Love,
Josh